Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Bali Travel & Tourism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave) Reply with quote

Goa Gajah or the elephant cave is one of Bali’s mysterious places that its origin dates back to the 11th century. This sacred cave is located in the western edge of Bedulu village, just 6-km out of central Ubud. Towering trees and lush green foliage provides aa excellent background for this sacred cave.

Inside the T-shaped cave, you can see fragmentary remains of Linggam, the phallic symbol of Shiva, and its female counterpart, the Yoni, plus a staue of Shiva’s son, the elephant-headed god Ganesha. In the courtyard in front of the cave are two square bathing pools with water gushing from the waterspouts held by six female figures. To the left of the cave entrance, in a small pavilion, is a statue of Hariti, surrounded by children, this goddess is well known as protector of the children. A visit to this ancient cave will give you an interesting fact on amalgamation of Hidu and Budha in Bali.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ellen_zoneth
Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to visit Bali on next month. I found here interesting information about Goa Gajah. I was not aware about this place. I will definitely visit this place during Bali trip. Smile
AussieCampervan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds nice. Liked your content. You have shared here worthy information regarding on Goa Gajah. I am thankful for this valuable information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Bali Travel & Tourism All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: