Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mayura Water Garden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Lombok
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ablteam
Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Mayura Water Garden Reply with quote

The second largest city in Lombok, Cakranegara houses a beautiful water palace which was built in 1744, known as Mayura Water Palace. This water palace was once a part of Balinese kingdom’s royal court in Lombok. This beautiful water palace consists of a large artificial lake with a floating pavilion in the center connected to the shoreline by a raised footpath. This pavilion was used as meeting place and court of justice during the reign of Balinese kingdom in Lombok. Mayura Water palace also boasts a series of fountains and shrines scattered around the surrounding garden.
jacklin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place was pretty much what I expected for RS500 a night. Compared to the Oberoi where I spent RS12500 a night, it was at least 1/25th as good! 10/10 for value. Christmas Snowman I was clever enough to bring my drinking water and my own soap, but didn't think to bring toilet tissue. Tip: Bring your own tissues. Another tip: turn the mole trapswater heater on when you get there. You will be lucky to get enough minutes of electricity actually working to heat up the water by morning. Oh - and you'd be smart if you brought your own bedsheets.
hochiminhvietnamhotel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beautiful water palace consists of a large artificial lake with a floating pavilion in the center connected to the shoreline by a raised footpath. This pavilion was used as meeting place and court of justice during the reign of Balinese kingdom in Lombok
Jeny

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mayura Water palace is located in the center of Cakranegara. The youth from the city comes here for swim and some fishing.

One of the shrines east of the basin overlooks the water and is surrounded by West Indian jasmine. The full moon of Prunama Keempat, the fourth month of the Balinese calendar, is the date of the most important ceremony of Mayura. When you want to visit the shrines, you need to wear a sarung.
falkdyan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worlds best and really too nice sharing it is, i love this worlds nice sharing too much. I love it a lot
MichaelHenry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visiting water palace is always fun. It provides unique experience. I will try to visit Mayura water palace in December.
Mitchell143

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reall estate Reply with quote

Pls tell me your ans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Lombok All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: