Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Tips When You Travel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Wedding in Bali
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathewhayden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Security Tips When You Travel Reply with quote

1. Always use common sense when traveling. Listen to your instincts.

2. Never leave your bags or belongings unattended.

3. Keep your suitcases locked except when checking your baggage on the airlines. (New regulations recommend you do not lock your bags as they may be screened by security).

4. Always keep all valuables with you at all times (Cash, passport, traveler's checks etc.) Use a money belt hidden under your clothing to deter pick pockets

5. When making large purchases, use a credit card. The credit card company can work on your behalf should a problem arise later.

6. Don't put anything in checked baggage that you would truly hate to loose. (Valuables, films, photos)

7. Be careful if you travel with a laptop computer.

8. When going through security checkpoints at airports, be sure to keep one eye on your bags. It's easy to get distracted at this time.

9. Carry a copy of your itinerary in your luggage, as well as a form of identification. This increases the likelihood that your bag will get back to you if it is lost.

10. Always carry a photocopy of your passport including any visa pages. This makes the reissue process much easier.
emily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# Talk to your kids. Before you arrive at the airport, have a serious talk with your children about airport security and things that may happen at the checkpoints. Children will need to temporarily part with such things as blankets and stuffed animals, and older children need to know that any comment suggesting a threat to an aircraft or its passengers is taken seriously by TSA security officers.

# Do not wrap gifts. Wrap them when you reach your destination. If a wrapped gift sets off an alarm, TSA security officers will need to unwrap the gift to check it out.

Good Travel Ideas Anytime

# To minimize the risk of damage or loss, don't pack fragile or valuable items in checked baggage. Take them with you in carry-on baggage, or ship them to your destination instead.

# To minimize the risk of damage or loss, don't pack fragile or valuable items in checked baggage. Take them with you in carry-on baggage, or ship them to your destination instead.

# Put undeveloped film in carry-on baggage because equipment used to screen checked baggage will damage film. Also, high-speed and specialty film should not be put through X-ray machines, so passengers may ask security officers at the checkpoint to physically inspect film.
--------------
clark1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my safety and security, when I'm going to travel, I always bring my self defense weapon for me. I have my stun gun and my pepper spray.
JohnMig

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt. These tips are really useful. If you are a woman then you can go through our informative blog at http://blog.globester.com/?p=220.

Thanks,
cheap flights
chloe26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very good tips. Thank you for sharing them! I think that you should read the do's and don'ts in the airport before hand so that you will have no problem boarding the plane.
sicily4u

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During travel you have to follow some tips and suggestions that can keep you and your property safety. Stay with your luggage until the luggage is checked. If you must put your bag down, keep one foot on the handle. Make sure that your prescription medicines are filled properly and labeled accurately. Never wear anything that projects affluence. No gold chains, expensive watches and rings, luggage, or other paraphernalia should be in easy view. Be resourceful and curious. Know as much as you can about your destination and prepare as well as you can, even for the unexpected.
giantfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very good tips and suggestions for any travelers who travel around the world.
LamberJack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also it's better to have a GPS system or a smart phone with GPS. It helps a lot. Specially if get lot or someone takes you to unknown location.
sharjeel

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the post its great info Smile
jennychavez

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Research basic information about the country or countries you plan to visit to help you become familiar with local laws and customs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Wedding in Bali All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: