Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Time To Jakarta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Jakarta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonjourvn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: First Time To Jakarta Reply with quote

Hi, my family (2 adult + a 13 year old & one 9 year old boys)will be going to Jakarta on 08Dec-12Dec'09. This is our first time to Jakarta (been to Bali 3 years ago).Can someone tell me:

1.Are there any budget hotel (3-4 stars) for MYR80-MYR140 per night?
2.Where is the best location to stay? (we enjoy shopping & eating)
3.Is it adviseable to stay one night at Jakarta and take bus to Bandung for 2 nights stay and return to Jakarta for another night stay before we fly back to KL?
many thanks....
Flight-FGB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Glad to here that you're excited to visit the city.

Safety is what foreigner concern the most. But I have to say the situation is always the same as ever. So I would say there's nothing to worry much. Mid December is the beginning of festive season in Jakarta, although there'll be no Christmas light-up in the streets, you can reassure your wife there will be so much sale programs in shopping malls.

5 days in Jakarta is about right if you want to explore the city relaxingly. There's always an option to visit suburbs area or nearby town (which will take approx 1-2 hours trip per way), but remember you're bringing a baby.

Now into the hotel; hotel pricing in Indonesia is divided into 2 categories: for Indonesian market and international market. Many travel agents will charge differently at the time you make reservation.

So, there are 2 feasible choices for you:

1. Online reservation through hotel website (some hotel has its own best-price guarantee)

2. Call travel agent in Jakarta. But you should consider some factor: you need to pay for the phone and they required a deposit and payment 1 week in advance (again, transferring money is costly and not all travel agent can be paid by credit card over the phone). Plus, most of the time, travel agent rates are not eligible for earning frequent flyer/guest recognition program. So if you happen to be any member of airline FFP/hotel rewards program, you can put this into consideration. But if you want travel agent contact, PM me.

Mulia is a descent hotel. It has all the facilities you're looking for. The location is fabulous (nearby shopping malls, golf course, sporting arena), and easy access to other part of the city.

Other hotels I can recommend is Shangri-La Jakarta and Grand Hyatt Jakarta.

Unfortunately, after quick rates check for December, currently these hotels do not have any promotion and their best available rates are all above your budget (GBP100). Remember all rates you see on these hotel website exclude 21% tax.

Other possible 5-star choice:

1. Le Meridien Jakarta (an older hotel, but receive quite good review on TripAdvisor). Rates from USD112++

2. The Sultan (formerly Jakarta Hilton. It's a hotel complex with several towers and wings and complete facilities, located near Mulia - Senayan area. Very affordable for 5 star, from USD100++, but to tell you the truth service is not up to 5 star).

3. Four Seasons Jakarta (also a favourite property, location is central, nice pool with greenery in its surrounding. This hotel currently has 3rd night free promotion - which makes average daily rates to USD140++). Book through hotel website.

Well, I know it's hard to identify the areas of Jakarta for foreigner, but I'll guide you, so come back for more if you have further queries.
vijay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakarta's population and area, which is the spread of the country's most densely populated city areas over 661 square kilometers. The tourists can stay here is very reasonable and affordable prices. All types of hotels, apartments, villas, resorts, allows visitors to facilitate their travel needs and requirements. Most of the hotels and apartments in prime locations, exquisite facilities, they are suitable for the scope of the funding needs of each person and facilities.
lisaE09225

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

2. Plus, most of the time, travel agent rates are not eligible for earning frequent flyer/guest recognition program.

Mulia is a descent hotel. It has all the facilities you're looking for. The location is fabulous (nearby shopping malls, golf course, sporting arena), and easy access to other part of the city.

Unfortunately, after quick rates check for December, currently these hotels do not have any promotion and their best available rates are all above your budget (GBP100). Remember all rates you see on these hotel website exclude 21% tax.

3. Four Seasons Jakarta (also a favourite property, location is central, nice pool with greenery in its surrounding. This hotel currently has 3rd night free promotion - which makes average daily rates to USD140++). Book through hotel website.

Are these still your recommendations? I was wondering if Four Seasons has the 3rd night free and if I could still book this through the hotel. What is the current tax there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Jakarta All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: