Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support for Bali needs to start with Garuda!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Bali Travel & Tourism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Support for Bali needs to start with Garuda! Reply with quote

I have lived in Jakarta for many years and regularly visit Bali.
This New Year, many of my family members will come from the UK, some for the first time. They are very excited to be visiting Bali and have not been deterred by the terrible event in October.
However, thanks to Garuda, our plans will have to change....
As there are 9 of us travelling, we booked our flights many months ago. We are returning to Jakarta via Jogjakarta, where we intend to spend a few days. My son goes to an international school in Jakarta, which was closed for 2 weeks due to security concerns. They will now return early to make up for lost time and so I tried to change his flight to return directly to Jakarta, one day earlier than the original booking. The rest of us continuing with the holiday as planned. Garuda advise me that I now have to pay double the price of the return. I have received no explanation in response to my query why a direct return should cost much more than a stop over in Jogya.
I believe Garuda is exploiting the situation, when they should be doing all they can to encourage people to contimue with their travel plans. Sadly, I have seen several letters in Jakarta Post recently, where disappointed travellers have expressed similar views. How can efforts to recover tourism be taken seriously when the national carrier takes such an attitude?
ketut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: RE:Support for Bali needs to start with Garuda! Reply with quote

well this is not good for Indonesia - it is bottleneck. We really do not understand as we need tourist to come to Indonesia specially Bali which suffer a lot.
Oliver123
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends if you are looking for the bacterium in, for example, a water sample from a suspected source of an outbreak, or for evidence of infection in a person presenting with testing symptoms of Legionnaire's Disease, or its close cousin, Pontiac Fever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Bali Travel & Tourism All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: