Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traveling Tips For The Disabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Bali Travel & Tourism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonee mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Traveling Tips For The Disabled Reply with quote

Before you make any travel plans it is imperative that you go check with your doctor if it is okay for you to travel. It would be best if you undergo a routine check up to ensure your health condition. If your doctor gives the go signal then start planning for the trip. Have your doctor list the necessary medication that you need to bring along with you if needed. Ask your physician for numbers of doctors in the area which you will be visiting in case you need their assistance. Have the address and contact number of the nearest hospital in case of any unexpected emergencies.Since you have a special condition, planning for this getaway is very crucial and important to ensure a pleasurable and enjoyable trip. Whether you will be taking the bus, train, boat or plane always make the other party aware of your disability. For first time travelers, I advise that you choose locations that are not so far from home and short trips for a start would do. Prior to making any reservations on accommodations do a research about the hotel. Never neglect to mention your condition so that they could make the necessary recommendations or better yet prepare for your arrival and ensure that you get the assistance needed if you so require it.Most places would be accommodating to your special needs and requirements so phone in advance places you would be planning to visit like museums, tourist spots, and other sites so that they could make the necessary preparations on the day of your visit.Asking for the help of travel agents in booking for your trips would be of great assistance. They can recommend what's best considering your situation. They might even be able to offer packages suited for people with your condition. You can also source from the internet travel packages which you think will be suited for you.
za000in

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows that travel is really cost sometimes a huge amount of dollar. This undeniable fact can be a barrier why people sometimes get rid of travel even they are in their vacation time or holidays. Some say, it is for the budget sake, avoid expenses, in the other side its true. Financial problem is really a headache nowadays. But wait; there are people in this planet that they really love travel or some because it is really important to them. I made this travel tip for everyone because I know everyone loves travel, if you are a traveler or not, I hope this tip is really a help. First key to budget travel is to plan ahead. Organized the places and activities you want to experience. Planning and spending travel dollar wisely is a priority for most families. Donít forget to check the availability of budget, spending the budget wise make the travel more enjoyable. If not, you surely stranded. Be simple and avoid extra things that not so important. Even if your travel budget is so tight, it doesnít mean that you canít enjoy the travel. Be aware that small things can be add up with a huge amount. Hotel extras, restaurant, car rentals, gas, ticket for special attractions, drinks add-on makes your budget goes crazy. Make sure that you always focus of the things you want to enjoy your travel. Things to learn, peoples to meet, views to see, adventure to experience is the basic thing in travel that is very important to make your travel become a real travel.
Bali villas
t210029

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone loves travel, if you are a traveler or not, I hope this tip is really a help. First key to budget travel is to plan ahead. Organized the places and activities you want to experience. Planning and spending travel dollar wisely is a priority for most families. Donít forget to check the availability of budget, spending the budget wise make the travel more enjoyable
johnallinclusive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Traveling Tips For The Disabled Reply with quote

Thanks sonee mark and za000in for your valuable info.
Ellen_zoneth
Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sonee.. I read your post and I really liked it. I love traveling on different places in the world. You have shared here many accommodating information and valuable tips in your post. Your worthy tips will surely helpful for me and other travelers. Thanks for sharing informative post.
SophieNigel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Travelling Tips Reply with quote

Before Leaving

* Allow plenty of time to get the relevant visa.

* Read up about your destinations before leaving so you can enjoy yourself straight away on arrival. Check out travel deals that are available on the Internet.

* Don't buy loads of new clothes - be ruthless when packing - most people can manage with half what they take.

* Take an extra duffel bag - it can be used as a day bag and to bring back a few souvenirs.

* Don't pack your passport in your rucksack - keep it in your hand luggage with your tickets.

* Try and memorise your passport number incase you lose it!

* Write down addresses of friends and family, you may want to send postcards to, in a small address book.

* Arrange for diabetic/vegetarian/vegan meals for your flight with your travel agent.

* Remove old destination tags to avoid confusion

* On the day of your flight call the airport to check that your flight is on time.

* Find out how many 'carry on bags' your airline allows - luggage 20"x15"x10" is average

* Purchase some water purification tablets if you are planning a stop over in a country with suspect water sources

* Pack essentials such as a toothbrush, clean underwear and money in hand luggage, incase your check in bags get lost.
AussieCampervan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say thank you so much to all of you for sharing the great and valuable information and worthy travel tips. I will share this info will my all friends.
JaneLobes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also important not to travel alone. Solo travelling is not suitable for disabled. Try to take a partner with you while travelling and necessary medicines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Bali Travel & Tourism All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: