Bali  Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index

Bali Indonesia Travel Forum
Share your opinions and experiences about Travel to Bali & Beyond

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brazil Travel Tips... Things You Should Know
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Worldwide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotelindelhi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Brazil Travel Tips... Things You Should Know Reply with quote

Brazil Visa Requirements
Brazil follows a reciprocal policy for issuing visas. What this means is that if you are a citizen of a country which demands a visa from a Brazilian citizen to enter your country, then you'll have to get a visa as well to enter Brazil. There are certain countries that are exempt from this rule and can enter the country with only an ID card and can stay for about 90 days. Since you are making plans of traveling to Brazil, it would be wise to learn if you require a visa, or are you a citizen of one those countries that falls under the exemption. The same details apply for kids, if you are traveling with family. Check for how many days the visa is valid and upon which, you can plan the trip accordingly.

Vaccination for Travelers
Although yellow fever vaccination is not required before traveling to Brazil (as of the time this article was written), there are certain endemic areas in Brazil that could affect the decision. If you are planning to travel to any of those areas, then the vaccination (yellow fever, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, typhoid, hepatitis A and B) is required. There are also health risks like malaria and dengue in the Amazon Basin. As far as kids are concerned, if they are between the ages of 3 months to 6 years, then they need to get a polio vaccination. It is important that you carry all the documents along as you may have to show them at the time of arrival.

Communication in Brazil
While searching for Brazil travel information, remember that you need to be aware of the languages spoken in Brazil. Portuguese, as you may know, is the official language spoken in the country. Residents in Brazil also speak Nheengatu, English, and Spanish in most of the tourist spots. Although there are other minority languages spoken, you should perhaps brush up on your Portuguese. Learning few phrases, words of greeting, and pronunciations won't be so bad. Also, carry a Portuguese to English (or whichever language you speak) dictionary for whenever in need.

Best Time to Travel to Brazil
Since the country is huge, the temperatures vary from one region to another. Compared to the Norther Hemisphere (NH), Brazil looks something like this. Summer in NH is winter in Brazil, fall in NH is spring in Brazil, winter in NH is summer in Brazil, and spring in NH is fall in Brazil.
Carlos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveling to Brazil has seen a tremendous boost in the past few years. Here are a few tips you should bear in mind when traveling there:

-Try and learn at least a little bit Portuguese. If you want to really settle in, basic Portuguese is a must. You neednít have to be fluent in it- Just a few important words or so would do.

-Plan early to avoid problems and also to make your trip well scheduled.
-Make sure that your passport is valid throughout your entire stay. This is pretty obvious, but it is extremely important.

-Get vaccinated for different diseases. If you are intending on visiting only Rio or Sao Paulo, you might just need a Typhoid and Hep-A vaccine. You can check online for information related to vaccinations for Brazil travel.
-If your trip is a long one, make sure that you register with the Federal Police as soon as you get there.

-One of the most important tips when traveling to Brazil is to study city maps. Trust me, this will prove to be extremely useful.
sharlala09

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: brazil! Reply with quote

Oh! great tips!, these pretty much sums up all the things that I need to know when traveling to Brazil
PauloCamps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Go to the Carnival Reply with quote

The best time to go to Brazil is certainly Carnival, especially if it is to Rio or Bahia, I recommend!

Compra Coletiva
jennybess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Buy Chinese Jade Pendant Online Reply with quote

The normal Chinese Jade Pendant is considered as the excellent product, it is a icon of providing the best of success, fantastic connection and preventing the powerful. The styles on this necklace is appearance style.
Connell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the country is huge, the temperatures vary from one region to another. Compared to the Norther Hemisphere (NH), Brazil looks something like this. Summer in NH is winter in Brazil, fall in NH is spring in Brazil, winter in NH is summer in Brazil, and spring in NH is fall in Brazil.
sean_jones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great posting. I found here many interesting and useful information about Brazil Travel tips. You have shared really great information and helpful tips in your nice post. I really liked it. I will keep in mind your worthy tips. Van Rental Cardiff Smile
italytours

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. This is useful for Brazil tour. And for travel to Brazil Brazil Visa is essential.
henryka_marks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthy sharing. I liked your helpful and informative post on Brazil Travel Tips. I will share this great info with my friends.
Ellen_zoneth
Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your sharing and its really helpful for all. You have shared here worthy and useful information about Brazil Travel Tips. Thank you so much for sharing great and informative post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bali Indonesia Travel Forum Forum Index -> Worldwide All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: